Washington, PA Tooth-Colored Fillings Look and Feel Natural
Traditional, silver-colored amalgam fillings have been a staple of restorative care for many years now. Nearly every patient will experience a cavity at one point or another in their lives, and this treatment option is available to rebuild the damaged structure in a way that’s conservative and effective. However, the amalgam option has always come with pitfalls, including an unnatural appearance and reduced oral comfort. Dr. David Vaughan, Dr. Alicia Yokum, and Dr. Edward Roman are happy to offer a much-needed alternative for patients from Canonsbury, PA and beyond – tooth-colored fillings.
Crafted from lifelike composite resin, tooth-colored fillings provide the same revitalizing results you need in a more seamless fashion allowing beautifully natural smiles to go unmarred. Contact our Washington, PA location today if you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, or if you have any questions our staff can help you with.
Who is a candidate for tooth-colored fillings?
- Patients with mild to moderate tooth decay.
- Patients who have a current filling that’s become damaged or warped requiring replacement.
- Patients who have an amalgam filling and want to replace it for cosmetic reasons.
- Patients who have a small fracture or crack in their tooth – the flexibility of cosmetic resin allows us to treat these areas even if they don’t contain decay!
The Tooth-Colored Filling Process
Having a tooth-colored filling placed is a simple procedure that can be completed in just one appointment. One of our doctors will prepare the tooth by removing the damaged portions before applying the composite resin and carefully contouring it to create the most natural look for your smile. Once we’re satisfied with the result, all that’s left to do is use a special light to harden it in place.
- Tooth-colored filings are more flexible than their amalgam counterparts allowing our staff to preserve more of the healthy tooth structure that remains and ensure a healthier, longer-lasting result.
- The metals used in traditional fillings tend to expand and contract when exposed to changes in temperature, which results in a weakened tooth and general discomfort for the patient. Tooth-colored fillings don’t experience this problem.
- Patients with allergies to common metals found in amalgam fillings can enjoy the more biocompatible tooth-colored fillings without issue.
- With the right amount of professional cleanings and careful oral hygiene at home, patients can expect to enjoy their new, tooth-colored fillings from our Washington, PA practice for 15 years or longer.